I got hit with a very obvious script attack a last week that was fairly
easy to track (although I still reinstalled just to make sure).  As
script kiddies aren't known for creative attacks it might be the
same.  Check your /usr/login and make sure its around 20132 in size and
it's change date isn't wierd.  If it is, note the change date and search
you logs for an odd login at that time.  You should still reinstall but at
least you can throw the ip in your hosts.deny and shoot off an e-mail to
their ISP.  There might also be a /tmp/.t directory created with some
crap in it.

-Ben Newman

Zorak does not like R.E.M. with the bald weirdo flailing about and is
irked when no one offers alternatives in modern times.
                                        -- Zorak, evil space mantis