I'm trying to set up the mechanism that will allow predefined users to rlogin
to other Linux machines on my LAN without having to enter their password.  This
is to get rsh scripts to run automated.

Creating a .rhosts file in my home directory on the remote machine does not
work, like it does on an SGI LAN.  I once had it working in Red Hat v5.2 by
entering a line in /etc/hosts.allow, but I lost that installation and cannot
get it working again after reading 'man hosts.allow' and trying several forms.

What I'd like to do is allow any users on my LAN to rsh to all other machines.
 I've set up host aliases in linuxconf so I can rlogin to the other machines
giving only the host alias names, and rlogin and rsh work just fine, without
needing to enter the user name, but I'm always prompted for a password.  I wish
there was a configuration option in linuxconf to do this.

Can anyone give me any suggestions please?

Best regards,
Clarence Donath