Actually, that kind of thing is documented in the RFCs.  Offhand, a
GET looks something like:

GET /path/to/file HTTP/1.0

And 2 carriage returns.

POST I've never tried to do by hand.  HEAD is useful if you just want
the document status.

--

Duncan Hill                     Sapere aude
One net to rule them all, One net to find them,