Carl Karsten wrote:

> I'm trying to use ipchains to figure out what an http GET command looks
> like.  so I want to log all packets to port 80, and then hit it with a
> browser.  ipchains, right?

use rpmfind to locate and download a package called ngrep.  it's libpcap
based, so it's very similar to tcpdump.  You can use it to view network
streams.  It's very useful.

I beleive that ethereal is another (graphical) tool with a similar
function, and is much more complex.  I've not gotten it to work right,
but haven't played with it that much, either.

MSG