Hi !

        I'd like to exchange files between W98 and Linux residing on the system. I
have no problem to mount vfat partitions under Linux. I have a
non-anonymous ftp server running (proftpd, mainly to access my documents
via ftp), now i want to link a mounted vfat partition to the ftp-directory.
If I create a softlink, i can access the linked partition if i am working
on the ftp server itself, but as soon as i log into the ftp server from the
outside, i only see the linked driectory, but i cannot access it. I have
the partition automounted by startup with the options vfat,auto,user,rw.

        Now my questions:

                1.) What do I have to do to be able to access the mounted vfat
partition
when i ftp to my server ?
                2.) If there is no way, how can i access an ext2 partition when i work
with W98 ? Are there any tools that make windows less ignorant towards
other filesystems ?

                Thank you in advance for any kewl hints,

                                Greez

                                        Dave