Hi !

        Thank you very much for your reply ! ....and you are not an asshole ! ;)

>> 1.) What do I have to do to be able to access the mounted vfat partition
>>when i ftp to my server ?
>
>Configure your permissions to allow browsing to that mount point.  man ftpd.
>It works as you would expect:  if the user you log in as has rights to
>read/write to the mount point, then you just "cd" over there, and do what
>you like.

 I fixed it the cheap dirty way with mounting the vfat partition directly
into the ftp dir, works like a charm. I added then a softlink to the place
i mounted the partition before, so for the programs it is the same as before.

>> 2.) If there is no way, how can i access an ext2 partition when i work
>>with W98 ? Are there any tools that make windows less ignorant towards
>>other filesystems ?
>

>http://www-scf.usc.edu/~vakopian/programs/ext2read/ext2read-9x.zip
>http://www-scf.usc.edu/~vakopian/programs/ext2read/ext2read-NT.zip
>
>Hope that helps,

        I hoped too, coz i can't get that program working in any way. It detects
my empty CD-ROM drive as ext2 filesystems and even after changing the
settings (fishing in the dark pretty much) to the right values imho there
was no way to get it working. What i am looking for is i guess even more,
because i want to access the ext2 drives with different programs. Just
browsing won't do it.

        Maybe someone else knows a way....or feels like programming such a tool.
Except the one mentioned above there seems to be none in whole wide world.

                        Greez

                                        Dave