On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, jack wallen jr wrote:

> anyone know how to do the same in Pine?

Use the sending-filters function in pine. I put together the
following little script for an example:

--- cut ---

#!/bin/ksh

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/games
cat
echo "-- "
fortune -s
echo -e \\n$(uptime)

# End

--- cut ---

Just put this in your home directory and call it "Footer".
Make it executable with "chmod +x Footer" and then go to
pine and from the main menu press "s" and then "c" then "w"
and then enter "sending-filters" <return>. Then press "a"
and enter "~/Footer" <enter>. Then "e" and "y" to save.

Then send a message.

(This sig created from above script) --+

"Summit meetings tend to be like panda matings.  The expectations are always
high, and the results usually disappointing."
-- Robert Orben

 8:16pm up 13 days, 12:45, 6 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00