On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Vidiot wrote:

> >I had version 8.2.2p3 on my system and got hacked.  I was told
> >that the problem was fixed in patch level 4.  The current version
> >is at patch level 5.  My solution was to download, compile, and
> >install it...
>
> The P3 version that is in Red Hat's security download area is supposed
> to be fix to include the NXT security whole.

The P3 version on updates is actually P4 (or, to put it differently, P4
is P3 with an extra patch we applied in P3 already).
P5 doesn't change anything related to security, so it wasn't necessary to
release an update.
If you want P5, get it from rawhide or 6.2beta.

> If the version on Red Hat's
> site is not patched for the NXT hole,

It is patched. If there is an NXT exploit for this version, it's a new
one.

LLaP
bero