At 03:55 PM 03/06/2000 , Hidong Kim wrote:

Netscape uses that library.  It's safe to kill -9 it if it's still hung
after you have killed all of your Netscape processes.  It's normal for it
to use a bunch of ram, but it shouldn't use that much CPU if your Netscape
is idle.  It does tend to get hung if Netscape crashed.

HTH,

Franko

>Hi,
>
>One of my three Red Hat 6.1 machines is running X noticeably more
>sluggish than the other two.  On this machine, there's a delay in
>switching from one window to another, and there's a pause before I can
>"grab" a scroll bar.  When I do a 'top' on this machine, I see the
>process ld-linux.so.2.  This process is consuming anywhere from 10% to
>98% cpu, and around 45% memory.  What is this process?  I don't see it
>on my other two machines.  Can I kill it?  I don't want to kill it if
>it'll wreck something else.  Thanks,
>

>Hidong
>

>--
>as the Subject.

Frank C. Brants
Netopia, Inc.
Systems Engineer
franko -at- netopia.com
Send spam to... [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Desk    972-855-6609
Or      800-485-5741
Cell    214-769-0354
Fax     972-855-6610