On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 05:31:35PM +0800, Kyle Hargraves wrote:

> Has anyone seen anything like this previously - and if so what is the
> problem ?  The termination does seem ok !
>

> Mar  5 04:04:11 localhost kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout :pid
>272041, scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0 Read (6) 10 33 f7 68 00
> Mar  5 04:04:11 localhost kernel: SCSI host 0 abort (pid 272041) timed out -
>resetting
> Mar  5 04:04:11 localhost kernel: SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
[...]

Shot in the dark: Last time I got such a bunch of messages, it was
actually the hard drive in question going bad. I don't remember the
actual messages, so I can't say whether your problem might be similar,
but it might be something to keep in mind.

HTH,

Thomas
--
             "Look, Ma, no obsolete quotes and plain text only!"

     Thomas Ribbrock | http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan | ICQ#: 15839919