My situation is *slightly* different but has some resemblence.

I do ftp installs accross my LAN. Using the 'bootnet' diskette.

On the server, I mount the CD-ROM as usual under /mnt and then I
execute:

# ln -s /mnt/cdrom/RedHat /home/ftp/RedHat

And this *works*. Never had any problem. RH6.0 and/or RH6.1.

Regards
Gustav

--
pgp = Pretty Good Privacy.

To get my public pgp key, send an e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit my web site at http://www.schaffter.com