Ok, I'm not thrilled yet with helix.

This is probably mostly ignorance, but I've had a lot of trouble since I
upgraded. keep in mind that my use of a gui has primarily been to crank
the resolution up to get 4 or 5 xterms across the screen, and an easy way
to crank up xterms on lots of different boxes. Other than picking a theme
I like and enabling sound, I usually don't muck with much.

Here are the things I have found, pretty much all related to the panels

On startup, I get messages about a menu panel already running. Choosing
yes to start another or no, doesn't seem to help. I just get varying
results, not of which are optimal.

Sometimes both the top and bottom panel show up, sometimes only one,
sometimes neither.

Sometimes both are dead (ie gray with no objects on them) and don't
respond. Soemtimes one works, and not the other.

The top panel has been two different sizes. Programs don't know about this
panel anyway, and their title bar gets covered. I know how to move them
down. I can't get to properties for thsi panel, just general properties.

The pager gets into a state where you can no longer get to a program. You
can see it in the atsk list, but it's not visible.

I'll see if I can figure it out tonight. The helix upgrade tool doesn't
work - always gets network erros (like the installer). I'll try do a
manual download liek I di for the install.

charles