Jean-Yves Leblin wrote:

> Hi,
>   I'd like to setup a webcam server, I actually have an Apache 1.3 server
> running on a RH 6.1 Celeron 500 server. What i'd like to know is :

I have mine running on a 486/25 with 16M of RAM.

> - what sort of webcam shall i use (USB, parallel ?, what model ?.....)

Not sure of USB support yet.  Anyone help me here?  I'm using an an
oldschool Connectix color quick cam, via paralell.

> - which software do i need (to run the cam, to interface with html
> pages....) ?

I'm using qcam (to take the pictures), stamp (to add the time, and a
capiton), and jpegaltui (to convert the image to a jpg),  It runs from a
NOHUP script and cycles about every 25 seconds.  The web page has
javascript to force the browser to reload the page every 30 seconds.

> - has anybody here got a webcam running, which problem(s) he/she encoutered to
> set it up .....

I followed the Quickcam HOWTO.  It was prety straightforward.

> Thanks for helping.

http://larrycam.dyndns.org/
http://larrycam.dyndns.org/analog.html (Web server statistics)

- Larry