I'll join this one, I've used 5.0 a bit.  Its a nice package, but is a
bugger to install and loads very slowly (I understand its written in Java
and that is is why).  Once you've got installed and loaded it works fine.
I've imported suuff from word97 (a quite complicated doc) and excel 5 w/o
problem. For wordprocessing though I use wp8 which has some limitations but
is easier to install and loads quickly.  Linux lacks a fully featured
standalone spreadsheet - standby for the flaming!