I am setting up a small network with 2 linux servers and 1 windows client.
I will be connected to the internet 24 7 via DSL and will have Apache
running for web services.  I might also have a laptop that might connect
every once in a while to the network too that is running Windows.  My
question is this it seems that DHCP is much easier to set up and configure
than DNS,  what is the general opinion on the selection on DHCP over DNS?
Are their security issues that I have neglected ( because of the full time
internet connection).  thanks matt