after upgrading to redhat 6.1
the ipalias does not work on my machine?
i have a block of 8 ip and some of these address point
to the same nic.  in need of some quick help please.
even the default kernal i have that used to work and
also the default that was replaced by the upgrade.

can someone explain if there was a change in the
configuration in redhat.

then i recompiled the kernal and now my apache won't
start up.  it complains that there is no pid. ???
plus the ip alias still does not work.

But if i boot up with my old kernal, apache will startup.
maybe i didn't compile the kernal correct? but still that
ip alias stuff does not work.