On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 09:29:13AM -0400, Charles Galpin wrote:
: That was his question though Jason (see the title). Several of us just
: answered it. I think that's what he wanted, but yes it's simpler to just
: use cdrecord. I personally didn't know the exact syntax off the top of my
: head, and so didn't recommend cdrecord. I don't do this often enough to
: mind a few mouse clicks, I have ram & cpu cycles to spare,and the wait
: does not change either way you do it :)

Don't get me wrong, I like gui recording tools too.  For ex, when I'm
doing CD-CD copies, I use gnome-toaster...  I also use it for making
music CDs..  They're also handy for mastering cd's, particularly bootable
ones (I can never remember the 72 options to feed to mkisofs).

I didn't know the syntax for cdrecord off the top of my head either. :)

However, the man page for cdrecord has some good examples, if you skip
past the "this switch does this, this other switch does that" stuff,
which is where I got my info from (just changed the scsi id, and the
speed)..

--
                 Jason Costomiris <><
            Technologist, cryptogeek, human.