I get this message as well. But I am curious though, if I did have an
attached RAID how would I get rid of this message, or would the presence of
a RAID prevent this message from appearing during shutdown.

Thanks

James

%-> I see the following message on the screen:
%->
%->    md: recovery thread got woken up ... md: recovery thread finished

Rebuild the kernel without RAID support, and you'll get rid of this (and
some kernel bloat as well, if you don't use RAID).

-- Juha