Rick or Charles:

As a follow-up to this, is there a document or HOWTO that shows
step-by-step what to do after you've compiled the new kernel?  What I'm
asking here is what you would need to do to System.map, and vmlinuz that
get generated by building the new kernel.  In /boot, there are some
symbolic links set up, and I sometimes manage to totally mess things
up.  I'm just curious if there is a document somewhere that outlines this
final part of the system rebuild?

Thanks for any insight.

- Mike