Bill,

Thanks for your input.  The NFS server is actually a Sun box running
Solaris 2.6.  If I do a CD-ROM install, I can mount the drive after
installation and everything looks fine.  But I cannot do the install
from the NFS filesystem even though the Sun does say it has authorized
the mount.    I guess the next step is to make a Linux box an NFS server
and export from there to see if it works any better.

- rick warner -