Richard asked for the questions to be broken up.  This is the FIRST
question from [RH-list-1].
Because the question refers to the Postgresql web site it may be
consider [OT].  I wasn't sure.

 I was looking at the RedHat 6.0 full installation I have on one of my
network machines and this ended up in a number of questions about RedHat
and Postgres.

  To start with, I noticed 3 RPM packages (for the full installation on
the RH machine).  On the Postgres web site I noticed  9 RPM packages and
1 RPM source package.

 Take  Postgres version 6.5.3.   On the Postgresql web site for each of
the 9 Postgres Red Hat binary packages there will be be a 6.5.3-3.i386
and an associated 6.5.3-3nl.i386.  There are also 6.5.3-2.i386 and
6.5.3-2nl.386 but these are just an earlier version.  My first question
is: "What do these pairs
mean - why 2 associated binaries?  I need to understand this because I
may need to upgrade Postgresql on Red Hat 6.0.

I will send the next question as a separate email - as requested but not
before this one is answered as multiple questions at the same time seem
to get confused.

Bye-thanks_TED