Ted

I don't know what the differences between the two files are.

I can tell you this, though. The all the pieces of postgresql are packaged
together has changed. The client and serve have been broken out and so
have the different APIs. The single .src.rpm has all of that in it. If you
download it, and build it, it will produce the following

postgresql-6.5.3-6.i386.rpm
postgresql-devel-6.5.3-6.i386.rpm
postgresql-jdbc-6.5.3-6.i386.rpm
postgresql-odbc-6.5.3-6.i386.rpm
postgresql-perl-6.5.3-6.i386.rpm
postgresql-python-6.5.3-6.i386.rpm
postgresql-server-6.5.3-6.i386.rpm
postgresql-tcl-6.5.3-6.i386.rpm

Sometimes the best way to find these things out is download the rpms and
look what's in them with

rpm -qilp rpmname.rpm

Then if you like what you see, install them. The same goes for the .src
rom except you have to build them first.

hth
charles