On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 09:31:52AM -0500, Bjornson, Matt wrote:
> I am looking to install linux on a 486 to use as a router/firewall and
> perhaps a DNS caching server.  The challenge is that my 486 does not have a
> cdrom drive.
[...]

As you intend to use it as firewall/router, I assume that a) it has a
network card and b) you have other machines also connected to the
network.

In this case you can do an NFS or FTP install, i.e. have the CD in a
drive on one of your other machines and install via the network. That's
what I did in a similar situation. The manual should have the details on
this.

HTH,

Thomas
--
             "Look, Ma, no obsolete quotes and plain text only!"

     Thomas Ribbrock | http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan | ICQ#: 15839919