Morning Everyone:

I'd like to find out if through the magic of Linux and Apache this
scenario is possible:

I have a cable modem connection to the Internet.  With it, I get 1 IP
Address from my local ISP.  I currently own 3 domain names from the
InterNIC.  I'm somewhat familiar with how to set up DNS records, so I have
all three of the records set up on my machine for the domain names.  I've
tested and sure enough, if I type in www.<domain>, it calls up the default
Red Hat page that shows Apache is running and working on my machine.

What I would really like to be able to do is have Apache, or Linux make
some type of determination on what URL was entered, and then pick a
different directory where HTML would be stored for that site.  In essence,
I want to have different web site come up depending on which URL the user
typed in.  Is this possible?  If it's not possible, is the limiting reason
the fact that each site needs to have it's own IP Address?  If I had
access to multiple IP Addresses, could I make it so all of the pages are
still set up on my machine?

Comments and ideas appreciated.

- Mike