On Sun, 23 Apr 2000 02:19:18 -0400 (EDT), Michael J. McGillick wrote:

>What I would really like to be able to do is have Apache, or Linux make
>some type of determination on what URL was entered, and then pick a
>different directory where HTML would be stored for that site.  In essence,
>I want to have different web site come up depending on which URL the user
>typed in.  Is this possible?  If it's not possible, is the limiting reason
>the fact that each site needs to have it's own IP Address?  If I had
>access to multiple IP Addresses, could I make it so all of the pages are
>still set up on my machine?

Read up in the Apache docs about "name based virtual hosts".  They
work quite nicely.

                            Stephen Berg
//-    USAF Instructor  -/-  Reluctant NT User -/- Web Designer    -//
//-                 Home = [EMAIL PROTECTED]                   -//
//-               Work = [EMAIL PROTECTED]               -//
//-     http://iceberg.3c0x1.com/   -/-   http://www.3c0x1.com     -//