Adam,

>I plan on getting a new 2U rackmount with one 9G and two 36GB SCSI's for a
>SAMBA server.
>I use tar currently for my mail server and it works fine.  However, for
>this SAMBA server
>I'd prefer a "commercial" solution. I need to *remotely* backup/restore
>this server...no

I just ordered BRU for a couple clients. I briefly read about Arkeia but
decided on BRU since I have more experience with it, don't have time to
work with it, and have been happy with BRU. BRU's working with my Seagate
Scorpion96 autoloader just fine. I had to work with the scripts and tape
switching a little, but I think this was due more to my not having worked
with autoloaders before. BRU can be completely controlled via the command
line so remote management should work fine.

So I can't comment on the other software, but I've happy using BRU. Also
I'm not using the BRU beta, but the v15.x demo.  BTW CheapBytes and
LinuxCentral have BRU for $244.95 US.

Hope that helps.

-Bob Burton
IT Consultant