Hi all,

I've had the same problem. LILO would freeze after LI.
It was only by accident that I've seen this thread, and it was the same cause
for me. It was a recently added IDE drive which prevented LILO from booting.

The solution for me was to disconnect the IDE hd and then boot from floppy and
run LILO. After having run lilo I was able to boot from hd again. Even after
reconnecting the IDE drive. It seems that only when running /sbin/lilo one has
to disconnect the IDE drive. This seems to be a bug. Apparantly this problem
does not appear when booting other OSes. BTW I'm using a ASUS P2B with BIOS
1010 set to Bootingsequence SCSI and a Dawicontrol 2975 U.

Hope that ther'll be a fix available for this problem.

Greetings

Andreas