On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Edward Moon wrote:

> /dev/sda1). I recently added a 13GB Maxtor IDE drive as supplemental
> storage. I also added an Adaptec 2901 PCI SCSI controller (no
> boot-rom, external connector only).

Is the boot SCSI drive still on the Tekram controller? Does the Tekram
BIOS get installed?

Sounds like the Tekram is not getting setup. The BIOS needs to be
installed in order to get the kernel image from the SCSI drive....

HTH,

Bill Carlson
Systems Programmer    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |  Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/        |  not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics        |