Uncle Meat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There are other, lighter, faster desktops (XFCE andIceWM to name a couple).
> They just don't have the right screen layout and gazillions of icons and
> programs attached to make life easy for newbies.

I'm not sure what you're talking about exactly, but I'm a
definitely satisfied user of IceWM.  One of the things I
like about it is that it has keystroke commands that work
very much like Windows, e.g. Alt-Tab.  This is one of the
few things that I think Microsoft actually got right, but
whenever I've tried to look at Enlightenment, it's one of
the many things that they definitely had wrong.

What's missing from Icewm is infinite amounts of stupid
eye-candy, but who really cares?

Here's the icewm homepage:

   http://icewm.sourceforge.net/