On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 07:28:15PM -0700, Stephen King wrote:
> Is it just my installations or it is a fact that xwindows, and say KDE or
> Gnome, are slower than any win95/98/NT/2000 installation on the same
> machine?
[...]

Could you elaborate on the "slower" a bit? What exactly is percieved as
slow - window movements, mouse movements, startup times for
applications, ... To know that makes it a bit easier to judge whether
more could be expected. Also, what hardware do you have running
underneath?

I don't think it's easy to give a general answer to your question, as
there are many variables in this equation. But maybe - with that bit of
extra information - someone on this list knows how to improve things.

Regards,

Thomas
--
             "Look, Ma, no obsolete quotes and plain text only!"

     Thomas Ribbrock | http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan | ICQ#: 15839919