Hi all,

this is my first post to this list.  I need help, and hope to provide help to others
in due time.

I just installed Red HAt Linux 6.2 on My PC running Win98 SE. I have 3 hard disks
total. My First hard disk, and its 2 partitions were not touched (I don't think) by
linux. I tried installing linux on my second drive, but could not, because the only
available space was in a cylander above 1280, hence too high for the '/boot'
directory. Sooo... Iadded another (the third hard drive mentioned above) to the system
from an old computer I had Lying around. My first 2 drives are Quantum Fireballs (4
gig, and 16.5 gig respectively), and this third drive is a Western Digital Caviar
31600 1.5 GB.

I created the following partitions using fdisk on the western digital drive:

                    one 16MB swap partition
                    one 16MB /boot partition
                    and the rest was for /usr I think, but on a 4 gig partition on the
fireball slave I added the root partition.

After installation I created a boot disk, removed the disk, and hit 'enter'

After the bios loaded, the digits '07 07 07' were continually running across the
screen (infinitely looping). When I tried to run windows from a windows boot disk I
got an error saying something was missing and the OS couldn't load.

I can start Linux from a boot disk and get gnome to start by typing 'startx' at the
command line.

Can someone help me so that I can get back to windows? Any advice is appreciated, but
I am a totlal linux newbie and can use instructions as detailed as possible.

By the way, the error I get when loading windows is:

"VFAT DEVICE INITILIZATION FAILED

A device or resource required by vfat is not present or is unavailable. Vfat cannot
continue loading. system halted."

more info on this error at:
                    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q139/0/63.asp

but I can't even get to safe mode in windows!!!

Thank you so much in advance.

Markeyd
http://www.markdonline.com/