John!

> I have just first looked at a file in my /var/log directory, named
> secure.  It contains a few entries like this:

It's an entry from syslog. Look at /etc/syslog.conf and look for an
entry /var/log/named. Do a man sysconf and/or info sysconf to understand
the working of this configuration file.

> Jun  3 23:20:24 CV150607-A in.telnetd[1089]: connect from
> 199.224.86.36

On the date, the computer with the name CV... had a telnet connection
with the process ID of 1089 from the IP address 199...

DAVID
--
I am trying to get more members on the Linux C Lists...
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=subscribe