Hello all,
A client has asked me to design and build a standalone box in thier DMZ
capable of detecting port scans of any of the clients public IP addresses
and then sending a notification to the enterprise network management
console.. (smtp or snmp ) this machine will sit in the public IP space and
should monitor the whole subnet for attacks or DOS attacks.

I have done some reading ( need to do more) and have some ideas but it never
hurts to ask...

Please reply directly to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I will keep the list posted on this project if there is any intrest.
Jim Mills