At 08:24 AM 7/6/00 GMT, Johan Lim wrote:
>I can copy/move files using file manager as root, but as user it didn't
>work.

The file permissions aren't tolerating what you are asking GNome to do.
You need to change file permissions.

>I've checked /dev/modem & it's link to /dev/ttyS3.
>My modem is internal (built-in) modem HSP MicroModem 56, it's work well on
>Windows partition. Is this modem not supported under Linux?

HSP modems are PCI software-driven serial ports.  That means that the
serial port is created by the sofware (essentially) to use the modem
device.  At the moment I know of no HSP modem that works in Linux.  There
are *very* few PCI modems that are not this way.  I happen to own one,
though, a 3Com/USR PCI FaxModem model 5610.

Lee Howard