Hi all,
This might be a basic question... I am trying to install a software which
has an rpm extension (fcc-5.5.36-1.i586.rpm). I am using RedHat 6.0. When
I wanted to run the GNORPM through the file manager to install the
software, nothing happened (GNORPM did not start). Then, I typed gnorpm in
the command line and got the following:
gnorpm: error in loading shared libraries: libxml.so.0: cannot open shared
object file: no such file or directory
Recently I upgraded to Helix-GNOME. Before that, GNORPM was working fine.
Any ideas why I am getting this message and how to fix it?
Moreover, when I double clicked the rpm, I saw the subdirectories and
double clicked the installer; but I got an error message saying "the
default editor for this application cannot be found or is not installed".
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Volkan