> If you can revert to your previous linux kernel, do it.  The docs are old,
> there's no real need to recompile your kernel these days.  Try searching
> the archives of this list either on deja.com or moongroup.com.  Directions
> for setting up CDRW without recompiling have been posted a couple of times
> in the last month (including my own :)

your kidding..........unbelieveable........well......this is good news BUT
does it apply to me since i'm
running redhat 6.0/2.2.5-15 kernel......yeah i know OLD.......but its served
me well........
if i need to upgrade for what you say....."no need to recompile these days"
well then i'll do it it would
be worth that  hastle saved and them some!!!!!!!!! :-)

other than i may have to as i c an't get back in to linux OS...if i do all i
get is the
localhost@localdomain prompt or whatever it says you know.......:-)..wont'
mount fs..

i was trying to find the vmlinuz.bak but can't........so don't know if i can
revert or not unlikely but i'll keep trying
other than that thanks so much for other info about not having to compile in
at deja and moongroup
i certainly will check it out.....

:-)
lee