Hi again Jamin, Jeff and others!

> I have not found a way to consistently generate
> a 1:1 image of these CDs under Linux.  If I create an ISO image of the CD
> using any of the various utilities under Windows, cdrecord has no problem
> with it.

 Did you test these CD's? A friend of mine tried such a thing using a Windos
util (actually he used CloneCD without reading subchannel data, silly he :)),
and indeed he could run the game from CD. But he could not install. Don't let
the fact that these utilities ignore some read errors fool you into believing
that the resulting ISO images are a 100% foolproof - you can probably write a
script using dd that ignores these errors. These images are not fully
compatible, since they lack the subchannel protection scheme.
 So let me say it again: You can not use ISO images if you want to make 1 2 1
copies *including* subchannel data. This does not mean it is impossible to
make exact 1 2 1 copies, but I don't know of any linux utility that can do
this yet (neither does Jeff :(). cdrecord does not do this, but of course one
can program the SCSI to do this.
 Check the images created by CloneCD and see that they are 2352/2048 bigger
than the ISO image. The ISO image is a logical image, not a physical one (so
much for semantics ;)).

                                CU all later,

                                Leonard.