Hi Mikkel,

Thanks for your assistance.   cdrecord-1.9-2.src.rpm has been rebuilt,
compiled and installed in accordance to your advice without problem.
However I could not locate the manual/instruction for its
starting/operation.

CDWriter Icon has been created on KDE desktop.  After having  'iso9660'
(file type of cdrom1) changed to  'auto'  inside "fstab" both CDR and CDRW
disc can be mounted and read as well.

However I could not find any location/device to invoke "cdrecord" nor have
any idea how to create an icon with link
to start it.   Besides  "locate"  command could not find the directory
of cdrecord-1.9.2

Kindly advise how to check whether compilation and installation has been
completed and how to start writing CDR
and CDRW disc

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

(Furthermore what will be the difference for files having .i386, i586 and
i686 extension)