I have a Motorola SM PCI 56 voice internal modem, that is not initializing or
responding neither under kde nor gnome. Do you think i got one of those nasty
Winmodems (cuz it works only under win98, it doesnt even work under win2000)

If that's the case obviously i have to get a new one, what would you suggest,
an external one, maybe US Robotics or something, Please if you have an idea
can you direct me to a modem in the pricerange of $60-$80, external modem that
will actually work without any problems under RH Linux 6.2

Thanks to everybody!!!