I'm trying to load RedHat 6.2 on a server with a Mylex 352 card.  I've been
unable to create a drivers diskette because the driver requires 2.2.16 (rh62
is 2.2.14).

So I gave up and just decided to install to IDE, load the new
kernel+drivers, then move /root and /boot over to the raid device.  After
making the kernel and doing all the right mtab and fstab things and doing a
"# cp -R -x / /mnt/slash", and a "# cp -R /boot /mnt/boot".  Then changing
lilo.conf to have the new root device of /dev/rd/c0d0p1, it comes up with
the following during bootup:

Warning: Unable to open an initial console
Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init = option to kernel.

What is the init = option, and how do I use it?

Plus, how do I create a initial ram disk (initrd)?  And do I need one even
though I compiled the raid card drivers into the 2.2.16 kernel (not as
modules)?

Thanks for your help,

Dan Browning
Network Administrator