Spunk wrote:
> I just installed a yamaha cdrw which in order to get working, I had to
> turn off CDROM IDE services in my kernel and use SCSI emulation instead.
> Well after a lot of work, I got the cdrw working but now I find I can't
> mount any CDs at all. I changed my /etc/fstab cdrom entry from hdb to
> scd1 and added a line for the yamaha making it scd0 but this isn't
> working for me. Am I on the right track? What should my fstab look like
> and how would I then mount either or both of my CD drives?
>
> Spunk

Take a look at /var/log/dmesg. There should be some lines that look
like:
scsi : 1 host.
  Vendor: PLEXTOR   Model: CD-R   PX-W8432T  Rev: 1.05
  Type:   CD-ROM                  ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
                     ^^^
Note the "sr0". That means the device file for mounting (in my case) is
/dev/sr0, which should be exactly the same device as /dev/scd0 (the
major and minor numbers should be the same).

-Duane