On Sat, 02 Sep 2000, Ahbaid Gaffoor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what does the LVD thing mean when talking about SCSI?
>
> Is it something analagous to 66/Mbs IDE?
>
> If so, is it's use supported under Linux?

It depends entirely upon the controller and the hard drive
and has nothing to do with the operating system, AFAIK. If
your SCSI controller is supported under linux, I think that
LVD will work with linux.

LVD==Low Voltage Differential, AKA (I think) Differential
SCSI. Your hard drives MUST be LVD drives, your controller
has to be an LVD controller and I think you may also need
special cables. You will *definitely* need different
termination, if termination isn't built-in as an option on
your last LVD device.
        John