At 12:33 PM 09/03/2000 -0700, you wrote:

> > Your hard drives MUST be LVD drives, your controller
> > has to be an LVD controller and I think you may also need
> > special cables.
>
>That's not entirely true.  I had an LVD drive in use for
>quite awhile on a non-LVD controller.  Some drives have
>jumpers that allow them to be used in an existing system.
>There are also adapters available.

My experience, I've just added a LVD drive to an ultra scsi system.  The
drive (seems to) have stepped down seamlessly to ultra scsi speed and work
fine.  The drive is terminating itself (I didn't do a thing to make it
terminate).

Mark
               ___
             __HHH__
              (@ @)
| Mark Neidorff                |Never assume a conspiracy exists   |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |when mere stupidity can explain    |
| Just Answers!                |an event.                          |
| Computer Systems Solutions   |                   R. K. Bernstein |