-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: Network Installs on a low memory 486.... how do I do it?

>> From: Ward William E PHDN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 11:39:56 -0400
>
><earlier messages snipped>
>
>> Jeff,
>>
>> When I started this, I thought I'd have 32MB of RAM to do it in... It
>> probably
>> would have worked (I've done installs on P100s with only 24 MB, albeit
via
>> CD).
>> The key seems to be trying to do the FTP install with so little memory...
>> unfortunately, the machine only has a single IDE interface, and trying to
>> use
>> both HDs......  no room for a CD, even if I borrowed one from a different
>> machine.

Perhaps you could remove the smaller of the two hard drives, and do the
install via cdrom onto the larger drive.  You could then remove the cdrom
and install the extra drive after.  Formatting it and moving what you wanted
onto it isn't too bad in most cases.  Using the larger and faster drive as
your boot and root drive is a bit better for performance anyway.. not that
it'll be a big difference, but what the heck :)  That's all I can tell you.
Good luck with it.

Jeff Hogg