Regarding my problem with kppp, I try running kppp and it tells me
something is wrong with my kppprc file and that I need to chown that
file to fix it. Well, I chown away (as root) and nothing happens. As for
re-establishing the settings for kppp, I can't get into the dialog boxes
that allow me to. I see the box but nothing on the box is selectable and
the box isn't functional. I will try the suggestion to reinstall the
kde-network. I also believe that it may be some strange interaction with
my sound card. I have an Asus P5A board with integrated audio. I have
never worried about the fact that the sound card didn't work since I
really don't listen to sound when I am using my computer. I asked the
redhat folks about this and it doesn't seem like the ESS based system on
the Asus mother board is supported. Thanks for the suggestions so far!
-Archie