Hiya - we use logcheck and logwatch here...

logwatch is available in RPM format on your redhat distro cd - and
will give you a daily summary email of interesting activity on your
server... logins, network connections, etc.

logcheck is run from cron as often as you like, and checks your log
files for supiscious entries - it's a good system where you set up an
"ignore" file which tells logcheck what log entries you're not
interested in. any entries which turn up in the log files which
aren't in the ignore file are emailed to whatever address you
specify... I'd suggest you definitely get this installed and
configured properly... very helpful security and reliability tool...

logcheck is at http://www.psionic.com/ along with other useful stuff...

good luck!

cheers, dan

--

        Nitro - 3D Visualisation, Graphics & Animation
                Ph (+61 2) 9810 5177 - Fx (+61 2) 9810 0199