It sounds like your DSL provider is having problems.  Start a big download,
then go into your Cisco terminal and do a show interface serial0.  It should
show you the in-rate.

Also do a tracroute from inside your network (like from your workstation) to
the site your downloadong from to see if there are any latency issues.  If
there are also do a traceroute to other addresses if every thing has latency
problems.  Traceroute to the other end of your DSL as well to your end of the
DSL.