I am setting up an RH6.2 machine, and I want to have a ppp interface
set up at boot time.  I have created an appropriate ifcfg-ppp0 file
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts, which almost works, except that
bringing up the interface fails because the ifup-ppp script never
completes.  It turns out that this is because ifup-ppp starts pppd
with the -detach switch, which stops it detaching itself into the
background.  I tried removing the -detach switch from ifup-ppp, but
this did weird things (it seemed to keep respawning pppd, creating
multiple ppp interfaces).  I can start the interface manually, so it
would seem that it is set up correctly otherwise.

Does anybody know what's going on here?

--
Bob Firth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Troika International