PLEASE HELP ASAP: Trying to use PPP to across other computer with
serial port Trying to use PPP to across other computer with serial port

I have two computers a desktop running Redhat 7.0 and a notepad running
Redhat 6.2. I use to use PLIP to share data but someone told me that PPP
is better and I been trying to get it to work.

I been running the following command on both computers

pppd -detach crtscts lock <local ip>:<remote ip> /dev/ttyS1 38400&  I am
using a null modem cable so it should work.. if you can help in anyway
please email me ASAP at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks

Johnathan Mark Smith
Messaging & Collaboration
PaineWebber Incorporated