Just a point on this one. I installed RH6.2 on a Dell Latitude and had to
work a bit to get X to work correctly. It was a matter of selecting the
generic LCD at 1024x768. It is because the model is not included. Its a
Princeton monitor but not listed under their drivers. Anyhow, come RH 7.0,
this plan went in the tank. My way around was to not probe the card(even
tho the install saw it correctly) and set my ram and clock individually.
Take the generic LCD  drive and the individual settings and it works. My
feeling is that it has more to do with Dell than RH.

Pat Cookson
Atlanta Newspapers

                    "Manuel A. Camacho

                    Q."                       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    <mcamacho@habitat.        cc:

                    co.cr>                    Subject:     Re: Installing Redhat 7.0
on a Dell
                    Sent by:                  Inspiron 3200 Notebook

                    redhat-list-admin@

                    redhat.com

                    10/04/00 11:56 PM

                    Please respond to

                    redhat-list

Make a printout and save /etc/X11/XF86Config, so you can configure X
easily.

-Manuel.